[Bgsa] Camping!!

Yale yale.paulsen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:12:26 PDT 2010

Hi Everyone,
Just a little last minute info about the trip tomorrow.
We will have two informal and voluntary workshops on Friday night. One for
newer students and one for more senior students (these will run concurrently
to minimize time taken). Attached is an itinerary describing these events.
More than anything we want to be able to justify to the campus wide GSA that
this event should be partially funded by them. That being said, you are
encouraged to participate as it is a good opportunity to let everyone get
input and have a voice in the dept.
I've also attached directions from UCR to the campground. It should be less
than two hours to drive out there. If you're signed up for the carpools then
we will be meeting in lot 11 (East of Bachelor Hall) at the times specified
(either 2pm or 5pm) and leaving from there once we're all set on who is
going with whom. If you are not signed up for the carpool, you *can* drive
out there and we should have plenty of parking - but the EEOBGSA will only
cover your entrance fee to the park if you are traveling with the group.
Entrance to the park is $15 per car; but if you're coming with the carpools
it will be taken care of. The campsite is being paid for by the EEOBGSA so
it is free to us.
The campsite has running water and bathroom facilities.
Please, please try to bring some firewood. We will bring some, but we will
probably have multiple fire-pits to keep burning so the more wood the
better.
We will provide some beer and wine for the workshops, but this will be
limited so please feel free to bring anything else you'd like to drink.
I've linked the potluck and carpool sign-ups below.

Carpool:
http://www.doodle.com/85qmzp3ssatnksan
<http://www.doodle.com/85qmzp3ssatnksan%20>

Pot-luck: