[Bgsa] GradFest Information

Brian Gray brian.gray at email.ucr.edu
Fri Jan 8 11:23:11 PST 2010

Hi Everyone,

GradFest will take place on Saturday, Feb 27,
2010--times are still being finalized, but it will
likely start around 9:00am.  There will also be a
few events the night before, including a reception
at the Botanic Gardens and a students-only
dinner, to welcome the prospective students.  I'll
provide additional details about GradFest during the
EEOBGSA meeting on January 15.

The committee is looking for speakers to fill the
slots during GradFest.  Talks will last 15 minutes
(12 for the talk, 3 for questions).  If you'd like
to give a talk, please let me know as soon as
possible.  The committee especially encourages those
who have not yet given a talk to present at this
year's event.

We are also soliciting posters for a short poster
session during lunch of the event.  If you have a
completed poster that you'd like to present, please
let me know.

As an enticement, EEOBGSA will be sponsoring a
fantastic prize for the best talk and/or poster!

Regards,
Brian