[Bgsa] lab balance I can use (for very small things)? also Coulter counter, sonicator, hot water bath, and vortex mixer

Carla Essenberg cesse001 at student.ucr.edu
Fri Apr 30 09:55:06 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a balance in their lab that weighs out to 4 decimal
places (in grams) that I could use a little bit this spring?

Also (and I know this is probably wishful thinking), does anyone have
any of the following equipment in their lab that I might be able to
spend a few days using (some this spring but mostly next fall)?

a Coulter counter (for counting particles in liquid, and often used
for blood cell counts)
a sonicator (aka ultrasonic homogenizer or sonic dismembrator)
a hot water bath (that could have boiling water in it)
a vortex mixer

I'd be using this stuff for pollen and nectar measurements, in case
you are curious.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Carla