[Bgsa] PLEASE READ: TA positions

Mandy Banet amanda.banet at email.ucr.edu
Tue Jul 28 12:16:32 PDT 2009

I just tried to send this out but it didn't seem to go through. Apologies if you get
it twice.

Hi Guys,

Because of the budget cuts there is more competition for TA spots this coming
fall, meaning that several of us in the department have been told we will not be
getting funding in the fall.  I know that sometimes people sign up for TA spots
just in case, even if they know they will be using fellowship or GSR, or won't be
in the program anymore.

If you are on of these people, could you PLEASE let David Reznick and Daphne
Fairbairn know?  They will be attending a TA meeting to finalize the
assignments this week.  Otherwise, those of us without spots won't find out
whether we have a TA position until right before the quarter begins, and if that
is the case, we need to be looking for other jobs now.

Thanks,
Mandy