[Bgsa] Recycling

bharr002 at student.ucr.edu bharr002 at student.ucr.edu
Thu Feb 7 12:39:20 PST 2008

Hey Everyone,
So I turned in our recycling this morning (Jan 4-Feb 6) and we did a great job this month….a total of $22.63! Thanks to those of you who have pulled full bags into your offices (I think I missed one of two of them but will get them next time) and a big thanks to lab prep for donating a bunch of beverage containers!
So here is the breakdown:
Aluminum cans 13.0 lbs at 1.56 per pound	$5.77
Plastics 10.7 lbs at 0.90 per pound		$9.63
#2 plastics 7 at 0.05 each			$0.35
Plastic over 24 oz 10 at 0.10 each		$1.00
Glass (separated) 56 lbs at 0.105 per pound	$5.88
				   Total	$22.63

On a side note…I would like to thank all of you for your enthusiasm; however, gum, paper, coffee cups, lab gloves, and miscellaneous lab containers aren’t accepted at Stater Brothers.  I am not sure which boxes contained most of these items (i.e. downstairs or upstairs) but please please please try to refrain from throwing non-recyclable items in there…..it really sucks to pick gum and stuff out when I am sorting.

And so you all know…there are now 12 boxes scattered about.  There is a list in the BGSA cabinet that tells the location of each box for future reference or if anyone is interested.
Thanks!
Bre

Breanna Harris
PhD Student