[Bgsa] Riverside Unified School Board Election

Senanu Pearson senanu.pearson at email.ucr.edu
Tue Oct 23 08:39:01 PDT 2007

Hi,

I talked to several people after Nigel's announcement at last week's
lunch bunch who didn't catch the names and positions of people running
for the Riverside school board elections. The following explanation is
from Nigel.
Cheers,
Senanu
----------------------------

Dear All:

This note contains information about the upcoming school board election.

Three seats are open, and there are 5 candidates.

Lewis Vanderzyl has a strong record of supporting evolution, and only
evolution, in RUSD science classes.

Gayle Cloud has record of opposing evolution and supporting the
teaching of creationist views in RUSD science classes.

Arthur Murray responded to me that he strongly supports evolution and
is opposed to the teaching of alternatives to evolution in RUSD
science classes. He is aware that teaching alternatives to evolution
in such classes violates the law.

Thomas Hunt responded that although he personally does not believe in
evolution due to religious reasons he is opposed to the teaching of
many religiously-based alternatives to evolution in RUSD science
classes. He says he explcilty rejects the teaching of Intelligent
Design on these grounds.

Luis Aguilar has not yet responded to my quesioning.

All good wishes,

Nigel