[Bgsa] Classic Mac!

Susan Gershman gershman at uia.net
Sun Aug 5 15:54:01 PDT 2007

For sale: a truly classic Mac!

This is a beige Macintosh SE/20, bought new in 1989, informally
dubbed "Jacques" and my husband's constant companion all the way
through graduate school. Jacques is running system 8.6, has a 20MB
hard drive and 2MB RAM (came with 1MB, was upgraded). It has a HD
floppy drive as well, for the piles of floppy disks you doubtless
have laying about the house. The screen is an attractive black and
white, offering a refreshing break from the riotous kaleidoscope of
colors that assaults the eye on the typical modern screen.

It must be admitted that Jacques isn't exactly a speed demon. It's
not even a speed imp. It is the sort of computer that sometimes gets
converted into aquariums these days. However, the computer works, and
after so many years of faithful service we cannot possibly kick
Jacques to the curb. It deserves a good home, where its retro chic
panache can be appreciated. $25 (or best offer) gets you a piece of
history, mouse included. What more could you ask for?

Susan

Possible use as a toilet paper dispenser: