[Bgsa] Summer Session 2006 - TAs needed

Paula Southard paula.southard at ucr.edu
Fri Mar 3 13:29:34 PST 2006

Hi all-

Summer Session 2006 - Biology Plans to teach four Biology Courses.

First Session is June 26 through July 29:
Bio 3 [Organisms in Their Environment]
4 units - Lecture 3 hours; laboratory, 3 hours
Instructor - TBA - [lecturer must have Ph.d], or [two Associate Ins - must
be advanced to candiacy]
This course will meet MTWTH
This year will be held Lecture in the AM, and Lab in the PM - Suggested
times -
Lecture MTWTH (9:40-11:10 AM), Labs TTH (1:10 - 4:10 PM)
We will need approximately 1 to 2 TAs

Bio 102  [Introductory Genetics]
4 units - Lecture 3 hours; discussion 1 hour
Instructor-TBA - [lecturer must have Ph.d]
Last year the course met MW (2hrs), TTH (1 hr) for Lecture, and TTH (1 hr)
for Discussion
This year will be held in the morning - Suggested times -
Lecture MW (8:10-10:10 AM), TTH (8:10-9:10 AM) ;  Discussion TTH
(9:10-10:10 AM)
We will need approximately 3 TAs

Second Session, July 31 through September 2
Bio 30 - [Human Reproduction and Sexual Behavior]
4 units - Lecture 3 hours; discussion 1 hour
Instructor - Becky Talyn [same as last year]
Last year the course met MW (2hrs) TTH (l hr) for Lecture, and TTH (1 hr)
for Discussion
This year will be held in the morning - Suggested times -
Lecture MW (8:10-10:10 AM), TTH (8:10-9:10 AM) ;  Discussion TTH
(9:10-10:10 AM)
We will need approximately 3 TAs  ;   discussion groups around 20 each
Bio 34 [Human Heredity and Evolution]
4 units - Lecture 3 hours; discussion and problem solving 1 hour
Instructor - TBA -Two Assoc Ins - [Susana Pelcu plus possibly another
graduate student advanced to candiacy]
Last year the course met M (2hrs) T((l hr) W (2 hrs) Th (1 hr)  for
Lecture, and T(1hr) TH (1 hr) for Discussion
This year suggested will be held in the afternoon - suggested times -
Lecture MW (1:10-3:10 PM), TTH (1:10-2:10 PM) ;  Discussion TTH (2:10 -
3:10 PM)
We will need approximately 5 TAs ; discussion groups around 18 to 20 each

Please respond to this e-mail and let me know if you are interested and for
which course.  Contact me if you have any questions.  The pay is $2,136 for
each TA for the six weeks.   Some of the times may be changed.

Paula

Paula Southard
Department Administrator /
Financial & Administrative Officer
Department of Biology
Department of Cell Biology & Neuroscience
The Natural Reserve System
Interdepartmental Graduate Programs:
Cell, Molecular, & Developmental Biology
Environmental Toxicology
Evolution, Ecology, & Organismal Biology
Neuroscience
University of California
Riverside, CA  92521
VOICE:  (951) 827-5902