[Bgsa] SPIETH FLOOR JOB -- PROGRESS REPORT

Dan Rios danrios at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 27 11:06:00 PDT 2005

TO:     BIOLOGY LAB PERSONNEL
         CBN LAB PERSONNEL - SPIETH
         BIO GRAD STUDENTS
         CBN GRAD STUDENTS

Thus far, I am pleased to report, the project is progressing without a
hitch and, to my knowledge, no unsurmountable problems related to animals
or research activities have developed.  Kudos to Physical Plant for their
excellent coordination and communication efforts in planning and conducting
the project.

Abatement of the damaged floor was completed last night and the
installation of new flooring will begin this evening.  Below is the
schedule for the installation portion of the project:

West portion of floor between machine shop and vivarium doors:

Phase #1        Wednesday, July 27      5:00 PM - 3:00 AM
                 Thursday, July 28       5:00 PM - 3:00 AM

(No access between Spieth and LSP basement during time frames above.)

Vivarium work will be conducted on three 10-hour shifts during the weekend:

Phase #2        Friday, July 29         5:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Phases #3       Saturday, July 30       3:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Phase #4        Sunday, July 31         3:00 PM - 1:00 AM

(Areas covered roughly correspond to abatement phases published in previous
correspondence.)

Regards, Dan

Dan Rios
Facilities Coordinator/Laboratory Safety Officer
Departments of:
         Biology
         Cell Biology & Neuroscience
         UC Natural Reserves System