[Bgsa] HVAC Service & Electrical Use

Gryniuk, Linda linda.gryniuk at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 22 11:09:44 PDT 2005

TO:     BIOLOGY PERSONNEL
         CBN PERSONNEL
         BIO GRAD STUDENTS
         CBN GRAD STUDENTS

By way of redirect, please see the message below from Linda Gryniuk,
Physical Plant Customer Service and Pat Simone, Assistant Director Energy
and Utilities regarding HVAC service calls and power consumption........Dan

Dear Campus Community,

Physical Plant is doing all we can to keep up with the increase in a/c
related service calls. Our HVAC Department is currently short staffed. We
are asking for your assistance in reducing the heat in your area.

Please reduce the use of electricity when ever possible. Turn off all heat
generating appliances when not in use. Examples would be coffee pots,
office lights, Photo Copiers etc. This will help to reduce the heat load in
your areas.

Research related emergencies will get top priority. If you are faced with
an emergency please feel free to contact me at 2-6464 or contact our
Customer Service Coordinator Linda Gryniuk at 2-3029.  We appreciate your
cooperation in helping us to better serve you. Thank you.

Pat Simone
Assistant Director of Energy
& Utilities - Physical Plant

Linda Gryniuk
Work Control/Customer Service Coordinator
Physical Plant
(951) 827-3029
linda.gryniuk at ucr.edu

Dan Rios
Facilities Coordinator/Laboratory Safety Officer
Departments of:
         Biology
         Cell Biology & Neuroscience
         UC Natural Reserves System