[BFASA] FW: Día de los Muertos 11/1 - 11/2

Paige M Mejia paige.mejia at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 1 10:44:28 PDT 2023

From: Estella Acuna <estella.acuna at ucr.edu<mailto:estella.acuna at ucr.edu>>
Sent: Wednesday, November 1, 2023 7:07 AM
Subject: Día de los Muertos 11/1 - 11/2

Chicano Student Programs presents…

"DIA DE LOS MUERTOS: Recordando a Nuestros Antepasados (Remember our loved ones)”
Remembering our antepasados—join us for an evening of music and covivo in honor of our loved ones. Día de los Muertos is a spiritual and cultural celebration that captures the unity between life and death, remembering the lives of our deceased friends and family. The two-day event will include vendors, crafts, and community altars.

Wednesday, Nov 1st, 11:30am-2pm
Día de los Muertos Nooner at the Bell Tower
The event will begin with a procession starting in CSP at 11:30am led by Danza Azteca Teocalli Tepeyolot, followed by a blessing of altares and a musical performance by Ruby Clouds @rubycloudsmusic<https://www.instagram.com/rubycloudsmusic/>. Student organizations will be hosting altars and selling food. We will also feature local vendors and host sugar skull decorating and kite-making tables to contribute to the community altar. Lastly, we will feature student artists who are leading an interactive live-art chalk mural at the event. The event is co-sponsored by ASBP and the UCR Hispanic Serving Institution Committee.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA08BC.E94A85A0]

Volunteers still needed for Thursday - If you would like to volunteer feel free to sign-up on this Google form: https://forms.gle/S8Ke5C9N4bpSSAfD8

Thursday, Nov. 2nd, 6pm-8pm
Día de los Muertos Concert at The Barn
Join us for an evening of altares, música, vendors, comunidad, y más! Featuring a performance by El Santo Golpe @elsantogolpe<https://www.instagram.com/elsantogolpe/> and special guest UCR Alumni, DJ ALF ALPHA @alfalpha<https://www.instagram.com/alfalpha/>.The event is sponsored by Chicano Student Programs, UCR Chicano Latino Alumni, the UCR Hispanic Serving Institution Committee, and the UCR CLAC Leadership Summit Planning Committee. Free entry with pre-registration: https://ucrbarnevents.universitytickets.com/.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01DA08BC.E94A85A0]