[BFASA] Black Girl Empowerment at UCR: The 25x25 Project

UCR Black Alumni Chapter ucraaba at gmail.com
Tue May 24 11:46:09 PDT 2022

Greetings BFASA,

This is Keona Henderson, President of the UCR Black Alumni Chapter and I am
pleased to announce that my company will be bringing Black girl empowerment
and college readiness to UCR this summer!!

Attached is the information and flyer for The 25x25 Project, hosted by
Positive Women Meet Up, LLC.

Please share this information with your personal and professional networks
so we can touch as many youth as possible!!

I also want to give a special thank you to AFRICAN STUDENT PROGRAMS for
sponsoring this program and to BFASA, specifically Chanel, Victor and Paige
for being early supporters.

If you have questions, please email info at positivewomenmeetup.com. Thank
you!!

My best,

Keona Henderson
BAC President

Empowerment, Leadership & College Readiness
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=3f1103d708&e=8689fbbb04>

*TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!*

Positive Women Meet Up, LLC & the University of California, Riverside
invites you to share with your students an opportunity to register for a
FREE, two-week college-readiness workshop for young Black women (high
school and community college students) focusing on mentorship, empowerment,
community, and collaboration -

THE 25x25 PROJECT hosted by US - Positive Women Meet Up, LLC !!

At each session, young Black women scholars be mentored and taught by
successful and entrepreneurial Black women in a program designed to prepare
you for college by sharing essential life skills, helping you set
thoughtful and attainable goals, and celebrating you on your journey.

*JUNE 20–JULY 1, 2022 UC Riverside Student Success Center (brand new campus
building!!)*

✅Achieve effective leadership skills
✅Conquer self-limiting beliefs
✅Learn effective and positive coping skills
✅Gain constructive decision-making skil
✅Set goals with passion and purpose
✅Build healthy relationships
✅Presentations from UCR Undergraduate Admissions, Financial Aid and more

‼️There are only 25 spots available. A few have been secured already 👀 We
hope you’ll take advantage of this amazing (and FREE!) opportunity.

📝*$25 registration fee applies.*

*The 25x25 Project program information:*
https://bit.ly/3JG45nx
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=82d2ff59c8&e=8689fbbb04>

*Sponsor registration: *
https://bit.ly/25x25UCRSponsor
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=c5d6939b63&e=8689fbbb04>

*Participant registration: *
https://bit.ly/25X25UCR1
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=ab630041c3&e=8689fbbb04>
*The registration form and link is new. Please disregard any previous link
or form we may have sent to you before. *

Keep in mind, this program is for Black girls currently enrolled in high
school or community college. We only have space for *25 Black girls* to
participate and we expect registration to fill up quickly, as UCR is also
marketing on our behalf. If you know any families who you think would
benefit from this opportunity, please share the flyer with them.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. Our Operations
Manager, Cleo, is the direct contact (info at positivewomenmeetup.com) for all
questions and inquiries about The 25x25 Project. As we move closer to the
program date, we will have additional updates. Please share our all new
flyer with your network!! Thank you.

There is no housing provided for participants, nor is there any
transportation provided. This is a day program, so participants should be
prepared to be at the program from 9am-3pm daily.

Additional program details will be provided to confirmed participants and
their parents, as we have some details pending with the campus.

If you have any further questions, please let us know! Thank you.

*The 25x25 Project Program Sponsors: African Student Programs Department at
UCR, Riverside University Health Systems and African Americans Family
Wellness Group, Simple Solutions Psychotherapy and Data Driven Educators. *

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=8358a40e5e&e=8689fbbb04>

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=d96536ab11&e=8689fbbb04>

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=388c324bbe&e=8689fbbb04>
The 25x25 Project informational video: https://youtu.be/HvBoRTCchsY
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=ad5be76434&e=8689fbbb04>

Our Founder & CEO, Keona Henderson, was recently featured in UCR Magazine
for her servant leadership as the UCR Black Alumni Chapter President. Click
the photo to go to the full article or CLICK HERE
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=5b0c0c885f&e=8689fbbb04>
.

For more information on the UCR Black Alumni Chapter go to
linktr.ee/UCRBlackAlumni
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=6f9a10d5bf&e=8689fbbb04>
and they can be contacted at email ucraaba at gmail.com.

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=69c96e0a1f&e=8689fbbb04>
GET PREPARED!!

Schedule your 90 min strategy session with us TODAY! Click HERE
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=b1b0bbf794&e=8689fbbb04>
!
------------------------------

Ready to step your game up personally and professionally? Join our amazing
group of  Passion2Purpose mentees
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=d3618bb768&e=8689fbbb04>
😉 Not quite ready? That’s fine too. We’re always here for you in more ways
than one! Download our ebook *Bloom: 100+ Positive Affirmations* to keep
you motivated. Available for immediate download straight to your device.
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=b478fd9ccb&e=8689fbbb04>

------------------------------
*COMMUNITY CORNER:*

Mrs. Henderson is a founding member of the newly formed NCNW Riverside
section. Her role at 3rd Vice President is to recruit and onboard young
adults to join NCNW Riverside and she is the chair of the Economics and
Entrepreneurship Committee. Look out for NCNW Riverside news and
updates from us in the future.

If you are apart of a local organization in Riverside County that would
like to partner with, sponsor or collaborate with NCNW Riverside
please reply directly to this message.

If you are interested in joining the NCNW Riverside section and/or working
with Keona specifically on NCNW initiatives, please reply to this email
directly.

------

*The National Council of Negro Women (NCNW) mission is to lead, empower and
advocate for women of African descent, their families and communities.*

*The National Council of Negro Women is an “organization of organizations”
(comprised of 300 campus and community-based sections and 32 national
women’s organizations) that enlightens, inspires and connects more than
2,000,000 women and men.  Its mission is to lead, advocate for, and empower
women of African descent, their families and communities. NCNW was founded
in 1935 by Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune, an influential educator and activist,
and for more than fifty years, the iconic Dr. Dorothy Height was president
of NCNW. Johnnetta Betsch Cole was elected Chair of NCNW in 2018, ushering
in a new era of social activism and continued progress and growth for the
organization. Today, NCNW’s programs are grounded on a foundation of
critical concerns known as “Four for the Future”. NCNW promotes education
with a special focus on science, technology, engineering and math;
encourages entrepreneurship, financial literacy and economic stability;
educates women about good health and HIV/AIDS; promotes civic engagement
and advocates for sound public policy and social justice.*

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=cf340a677d&e=8689fbbb04>
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=799ab3042e&e=8689fbbb04>
DOWNLOAD NOW!
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=3bd46d559f&e=8689fbbb04>
[image: Share]
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=d34b9c548f&e=8689fbbb04>
Share
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=dfbe626753&e=8689fbbb04>
[image: Tweet]
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=57f1094884&e=8689fbbb04>
Tweet
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=21478177ba&e=8689fbbb04>
[image: Forward]
<http://us14.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=9161ad159c&e=8689fbbb04>
<http://us14.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=9161ad159c&e=8689fbbb04>

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=f52b0b495d&e=8689fbbb04>

*My 2022 speaker calendar is open!  How can we help you?
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=3d0f2598a2&e=8689fbbb04>
Contact PWM for bookings HERE
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=8f83b4dba8&e=8689fbbb04>.*

------------------------------

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=6005892250&e=8689fbbb04>

<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=7d1b91c0e7&e=8689fbbb04>
*Our goal is to help 40 women in 2022!! *

We take clients on a monthly basis.

You have the choice of scheduling an individual consultation, a strategy
session OR you can join our monthly mentorship program.

Clients who join our monthly mentorship program are provided with an
initial 90 minute strategy session, bi-weekly mentorship meetings, monthly
review and landing of goals, a monthly review of your documents
and projects + MORE.

All designed specifically to help YOU identify, clarify, amplify and
monetize their passion and/or passion project. If you are interested
in amplifying your passion or passion project, please contact me *directly*
HERE
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=188806156f&e=8689fbbb04>
.

*My best,  Keona Henderson, Realtor BRE 02009087 Motivational Speaker,
Servant Leader & Strategist*
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=100444b9db&e=8689fbbb04>
[image: Facebook]
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=4b101749ca&e=8689fbbb04>
[image: Instagram]
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=a7b6dcbf6b&e=8689fbbb04>
[image: Website]
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=7ae054fd0f&e=8689fbbb04>
[image: LinkedIn]
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=3dcd75cdfd&e=8689fbbb04>
*Copyright © 2022 Positive Women Meet Up, LLC, All rights reserved.*

*Our mailing address is:*
967 Kendall Drive Ste A
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/967+Kendall+Drive+Ste+A?entry=gmail&source=g>
501, San Bernardino, CA 92407

You can update your preferences
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/profile?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=9269d44f5d&e=8689fbbb04&c=9161ad159c>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=9269d44f5d&e=8689fbbb04&c=9161ad159c>.

This email was sent to keona.a.henderson at gmail.com
*why did I get this?*
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/about?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=9269d44f5d&e=8689fbbb04&c=9161ad159c>
    unsubscribe from this list
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=9269d44f5d&e=8689fbbb04&c=9161ad159c>
    update subscription preferences
<https://positivewomenmeetup.us14.list-manage.com/profile?u=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&id=9269d44f5d&e=8689fbbb04&c=9161ad159c>
Positive Women Meet Up, LLC · PO BOX 9322 · San Bernardino, CA 92427 · USA

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/email-referral/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral_marketing&aid=afd9f360a5f622fdf5c64c6b8&afl=1>
--
My best,

Keona Henderson
www.KeonaHenderson.com
Schedule a call: https://calendly.com/passion2purpose/quickcall

👩🏾‍💻| Founder➡️ www.PositiveWomenMeetUp.com
🎤| Speaker & 📚 Author
Purchase my book: https://amzn.to/ 2ZI6wQS

🏡| Realtor www.HendersonRealEstateTeam.info
✊🏽| President of UCR Black Alumni Chapter
💜| 3rd Vice President of Riverside Section NCNW
—
"It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are
accountable."- Moliere
"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp
"Accountability breeds response-ability." Stephen R. Covey
 ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Statement of Confidentiality:
This message and any attachments may contain confidential information. It
is solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not an intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error.
The information may also be confidential and/or legally privileged. Any
use, review, disclosure, reproduction, distribution, copying of, or
reliance on, this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by
reply email and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you for your
cooperation.
Email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC SS
2510-2521 and is legally privileged
--
Rooting for everybody Black,

Keona Henderson, C/O 2008
(President as of 4.22.19)
BAC Scholarship Committee Chair
BAC Info/Donations: http://alumni.ucr.edu/bac
Current events & info: https://linktr.ee/UCRBlackAlumni

"We are the living memory of the Black experience at UC Riverside."
✨
Learn more about the BAC President: www.KeonaHenderson.com
Purchase my book: https://amzn.to/ 2ZI6wQS
✨
STAY CONNECTED and follow US on social media:
Subscribe to bit.ly/UCRBlack
Instagram: @UCRBlack
Twitter: @UCRBlackAlum
FB: @UCR Black Alum