[BFASA] FW: Mid Quarter Programming in the ARC!

Bfasa bfasa at ucr.edu
Tue May 3 14:28:20 PDT 2022

Dear Campus Partners,

Please see the information below regarding programming in the ARC. Feel free to share with students, staff, and faculty in your area.

Blue books and Scantrons - Students can pick up free blue books and Scantrons from the ARC's front desk.

Transfer Success Programs - Transfer Student Check-in (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER<https://ucrlc.wufoo.com/forms/transfer-student-checkin/>)
Join us for a workshop on Unpacking the Imposture Phenomenon where you will learn to confidently be able to identify patterns of how the imposter phenomenon (syndrome) manifests in your daily lives and apply the learned coping mechanisms to address the imposter phenomenon. The workshop will be followed by an opportunity to connect and engage with your transfer peers while discussing your transfer student experience thus far in the quarter. There will be chances to win a raffle prizes ! Thursday, May 5th; 11:00am - 12:30pm. Location: Academic Resource Center (Room 156, 1st Floor Skye Hall).
End of the Year Transfer Spotlight! - As we near the end of the 2021 - 2022 academic year, the Transfer Success Program would like to celebrate all transfer students, recognize you for your accomplishments this year, and congratulate our upcoming graduates! Please take a moment to complete the form below. Students who complete the form by Tuesday, May 17th at 12pm (noon) will automatically be entered into a raffle. Winners will be contacted on Thursday, May 19th to redeem their prize. Recognition posts will be shared on the Academic Resource Center's social media accounts during week 10 (https://forms.gle/jVQTn1fLfjLFsEz18).

Writing Support Program - WSP has the following upcoming workshops

Workshops for Week 6:

  1.  APA Citation Style:  May 5th @ 3:00p.m. (Remote)
  2.  Understanding STEM Articles: May 4th @ 3:00 p.m. (In-Person @ the ARC)

Workshops for Week 7:

  1.  Reading to Understand (Close Reading): May 10th @ 3:00 p.m. (In-Person @ the ARC)
  2.  Reading Writing Prompts: May 11th @ 3:00 p.m. (In-Person @ the ARC)
  3.  Sentence Structure:  May 12th at 3:00 p.m. (In-Person @ the ARC)

R'Success Workshops - The ARC offers a number of work to help students develop the skills needed to be successful as a student as after. Our workshop topics include "Taking Care of You: The Student", "Be the CEO of You", and "The Art of Small Talk". We also provide presentations on ARC services for classes and clubs/organizations. The workshop schedule is attached. Presentations can be requested by submitting the request form: https://arc.ucr.edu/request.

Feel free to contact me if there are any questions.

Rena M. Burton
Director, Academic Resource Center
University of California, Riverside
Ph:  951.827.5315