[BFASA] FW: Support Black Scholars w/ Payroll Deductions

Paige M McGee paige.mcgee at ucr.edu
Wed Sep 8 11:26:13 PDT 2021

Greetings,

Interested in learning about how you can support our Black scholars all year long? Consider signing up for monthly payroll deductions where your monthly charitable contributions support our Black scholars through financial assistance, scholarships, and programming. All gifts continue African Student Program's  #VillageBusiness mantra, where we work collaboratively to meet the needs of our Black scholars to get them to graduation and beyond.

Perhaps you attended an ASP event, or you were active in the Black Student Union when you were a student, or spent time hanging out in ASP, no matter your reason, we invite you to give back by signing up for payroll deductions through UCR. Your contribution will make a big difference in the lives of our Black scholars here at UCR.

Below are a few examples of how your annual giving will impact the lives of our scholars:
?  $20.84 monthly gift = $250 per year* (Book stipend for a scholar)
?  $8.34 monthly gift = $100 per year (Pay for registration to a conference for our scholars)
?  $41.67 monthly gift = $500 per year* (Can cover 5-$100  gift cards to purchase groceries, gas, and other Basic Needs items)
?  $83.34 monthly gift = $1,000 per year* (Support travel for two scholars to attend UC-DC internship)
?  $208.34 monthly gift = $2,500 per year* (Can cover research conference attendance for three graduate scholars)

***Please note, the forms are fillable PDFs. Once you complete the form, please press save as and save a copy with your name included in the PDF document name; for example, African Student Program Employee Payroll Deduction Form {EMPLOYEE NAME}. This will help gift administration connect you to your form.***

Finally, I invite you to check out our highlights from our 2020-2021 End of the Year report!

If you have questions, please contact me or UCR development officer working with African Student Programs: Kate Beach at kate.beach at ucr.edu<mailto:kate.beach at ucr.edu>.

Onward and Upward,

Jamal J. Myrick, Ed.D.
Director of African Student Programs
Pronouns: He/Him/His
900 University Ave.
133 Costo Hall
Riverside, CA, 92521
Schedule a meeting with me: https://bit.ly/2Qupy8g

Tel: (951) 827-5750

[241BBF6B]

"Every moment is an opportunity for progression."
[4B9D37B1]