[BFASA] Student Loan Debt Relief opportunity

Paige M McGee paige.mcgee at ucr.edu
Thu Jan 28 07:56:27 PST 2021

Dear All,
Michelle is working on a project with Dr. Nana Afuo-Manin and are looking to enroll up to 200 volunteers to participate in there pilot Student Loan Debt Relief program focused on Health Equity. If you or anyone you may know might benefit from the opportunity, please review or forward the information as you see fit.

Scope of volunteers needed: allied health providers, graduate students, nursing students, nurses, MA and social workers

Description:  The volunteers will be helping in our countywide testing and vaccine program, specific Black and Brown neighborhoods. They will be able to volunteer both remote and onsite and may be rewarded $100 -$125 per pop-up in SLDR funds to reduce their debt burden while also earning a work stipend (when applicable).

Program Link: https://www.hopskipdrive.com/blog/dr-nana-b-afoh-manin/

Program Contacts:
Michelle Burroughs (Michelle.Burroughs at medsch.ucr.edu<mailto:Michelle.Burroughs at medsch.ucr.edu>) and Shaleta Smith (Shaleta.Smith at medsch.ucr.edu<mailto:Shaleta.Smith at medsch.ucr.edu>)
**Please be sure to include both Michelle and Shaleta in the email request and put in subject : Shared Harvest**

Regards,

Paige MD McGee | Treasurer
P: 951.827.2344 | E: bfasa at ucr.edu<mailto:bfasa at ucr.edu>| BFASA Website<https://diversity.ucr.edu/black-faculty-and-staff-association>