[BFASA] Upcoming Events

Dennis Frederick McIver dennis.mciver at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 22 16:04:08 PST 2021

Dear BFASA members,

I write to share information regarding two pending events you are invited to join.

On Friday, the Black Leadership Alliance Council (BLAC at UC) will be holding its first ever event, a roundtable discussion featuring leaders across the UC. The event will take place at 5pm. A description appears below:

Join the Black Leadership Alliance Council (BLAC at UC) for our first event: Black Communities - The Impact of 2020 and The Hope of 2021

A roundtable discussion focused on the year in review and things our community should be focused on heading into 2021 at 5pm on Friday February 26th.

Register Here: https://lnkd.in/g3PBNDa

On March 4th at 2pm, BFASA will host UC System Provost Michael Brown for a discussion on his experience of being Black in higher education. The event will be moderated by Jennifer Brown, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education. To register, please visit: https://ucr.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_06SIQh2bSq6fRAzmiG2CWQ.

I hope you will be able to participate in each of these events. Feel free to distribute them through your own channels as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding either.

Thank you,

Dennis

Dennis McIver (pronouns: he/him/his)
University Honors Counselor
University Honors
President, UCR Staff Assembly<https://staffassembly.ucr.edu/>
Immediate Past Chair, UCR Black Faculty And Staff Association (BFASA)<https://diversity.ucr.edu/black-faculty-and-staff-association>
381 Skye Hall
951-827-5781
www.honors.ucr.edu<http://www.honors.ucr.edu/>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3F413.3C3D4280]<honors.ucr.edu>[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/ucrhonors/?ref=br_rs>[instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/ucrhonors/>[youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcaDsxSSCyARIW-AQ1k6_Jg>[Image result for twitter circle icon]<https://twitter.com/UCRHonors>