[BFASA] Invitation to Attend the Dr. Rebecca Lee Crumpler Black Health Expo!

Jamal J Myrick jamal.myrick at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 17 08:19:01 PST 2021

Greetings All,

I hope this finds you all starting the week on a positive note. This is a friendly invitation to you to participate in The Dr. Rebecca Lee Crumpler Black Health Expo (virtual edition) that is happening on Saturday, March 6th from 12p-4:30!  Looking forward to seeing you there!

Below are some details about the expo:
Who: The Planning Committee consist of representatives from the following organizations: African Student Programs at UCR, African Americans United in Science, the Mu Xi Lambda chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.,  The Riverside Branch of NAACP #1059, UCR School of Medicine, and Coalition for Black Health & Wellness. This event is for all community members, college, and high school students.

What: The Dr. Rebecca Lee Crumpler Black Health Expo: Preserving Black Futures—This virtual community event is focused on recognizing and reforming health disparities in the African American community in Riverside County for a better tomorrow. The namesake of the event, is to honor the first Black woman who received her M.D. (which was previously credited to Rebecca Cole).  Dr. Crumpler wrote a book called, Book of Medical Discourses, in 1883 which was used to educate the community on how to treat illnesses in infants, children, and women. We want to ensure that we are recognizing our past while preserving our future.

When: Saturday, March 6, 2021 from 12p-4:30p

You can register at asp.ucr.edu/bhe<http://asp.ucr.edu/bhe>.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
[cid:687D9676-A521-432F-B4D9-1BDF52D35A49]

Onward and Upward,

Jamal J. Myrick, Ed.D.
Director of African Student Programs
Pronouns: He/Him/His
900 University Ave.
133 Costo Hall
Riverside, CA, 92521
Schedule a meeting with me: https://bit.ly/2Qupy8g

Tel: (951) 827-5750

[cid:image001.png at 01D525F1.1411BAF0]

“Every moment is an opportunity for progression.”
[cid:image001.png at 01D64327.5FE4E430]