[ASA_PEWS] Fwd: Arghiri Emmanuel Association and Unequal Exchange

Christopher Chase-Dunn chriscd at ucr.edu
Thu Aug 3 06:27:54 PDT 2023

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Manny Ness <manny.ness at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 1:28 AM
Subject: Arghiri Emmanuel Association and Unequal Exchange
To: <chriscd at ucr.edu>

Dear Distinguished Professor Christopher Chase-Dunn,

I hope this email finds you well. I am Immanuel Ness and on the board of
the newly formed Arghiri Emmanuel Association, dedicated to preserving the
intellectual legacy of the late economist, Arghiri Emmanuel. I wanted to
reach out to you, as someone who has written on Emmanuel's work, to share
this exciting news and invite your participation. We are currently working
with about 50 scholars, students and activists and aim to expand the
network.

Emmanuel passed away in 2001 and since his left papers have been stored
away. The Arghiri Emmanuel Association aims to create a physical and online
archive that will serve as a comprehensive resource for scholars,
researchers, and students of Emmanuel's theories and contributions. Through
the digitization and curation of his works, manuscripts, interviews, and
other relevant materials, we strive to make his ideas easily accessible to
a global audience. Here is the website where we will continue this work:
https://unequalexchange.org

We also have concrete plans for a book series and a conference on Unequal
Exchange and the works of Emmanuel.

If you are interested, we can include you on our mailing list so you can
continue to receive updates of our work and the archive.
network at unequalexchange.org

We kindly request your support in spreading the word about the Arghiri
Emmanuel Association among your colleagues and peers who may share a
similar interest in Emmanuel's work.

Should you have any questions, require additional details, or wish to
express your interest in helping us in this work, please do not hesitate to
reach out to us via my email.

Thank you for your attention, and we look forward to your involvement in
this exciting initiative. Together, let us commemorate the legacy of
Arghiri Emmanuel and inspire new generations to explore his groundbreaking
theories.
Best wishes,

Immanuel Ness

chris chase-dunn   邓宇歌
institute for research on world-systems
university of california-riverside
riverside, ca 92521 USA
mailing address: 2007 mt vernon ave, riverside, ca 92507 usa
Consider using my textbook in your class:
_Social Change: Globalization from the Stone Age to the Present_ Routledge