[ASA_PEWS] Fwd: global-e journal RELAUNCH -- invitation to submit essays

Christopher Chase-Dunn chriscd at ucr.edu
Mon Apr 10 09:55:18 PDT 2023

Dear Friends,

We are happy to announce the return of the* global-e journal*, the online
journal-magazine of global and area studies now under the stewardship of
the Orfalea Center for Global & International Studies at the University of
California, Santa Barbara. We wish to invite you to submit draft articles
as contributions to *global-e*, the online magazine of global and
area-based research, activism, and public engagement.

https://globalejournal.org

Essays for *global-e journal* run 1200-1500 words and are written in a
style that is accessible across disciplines and to wider publics.
Contributions are published in a timely manner, usually within 2-3 weeks of
submission, working in consultation with the *global-e journal* managing
editor, Omar Mansour (global-e at 21global.ucsb.edu). Contributors may also
submit concepts for a thematic series of articles to publish in *global-e
journal. *If the proposal is accepted, the series editor would then solicit
a minimum of 4, and up to a dozen or more essays on a common theme from
contributors within their own networks of research and field of engagement.

For your convenience we have attach the *global-e journal* author
guidelines, which can also be found on the *global-e journal* website:
https://globalejournal.org/submit

*global-e* *journal* enjoys a worldwide readership and publishes pieces by
authors from vibrant networks of scholars, activists, and artists across
the globe, as a glance at our Contributors page demonstrates (
https://globalejournal.org/contributors). We hope you’ll join us in this
exciting relaunch of *global-e* *journal*, and we welcome your
contributions and input. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any
questions.

Professor Paul Amar, Director of the Orfalea Center for Global &
International Studies, and Professor of Global Studies also welcomes you to
explore the recent achievements and resources worked on by the thematic
clusters and hubs at the Center: https://orfaleacenter.ucsb.edu/

Sincerely,

Paul Amar

Director, Orfalea Center for Global & International Studies

Omar Mansour

Managing Editor, *global-e*

Victor Faessel

Consulting Editor, *global-e*