[ASA_PEWS] support walden bello

Christopher Chase-Dunn chriscd at ucr.edu
Thu Aug 11 15:24:40 PDT 2022

walden bello, our global sociology colleague and organizer of Focus on the
Global South (https://focusweb.org/) was jailed last week in the
Philippines as political retribution for running against the current vice
president.  (see
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/calls-to-end-criminal-libel-in-philippines-after-critic-arrested/ar-AA10xDH2
)
financial support for walden's legal battle and the effort to defend free
speech can be sent to the following addresses:
chris chase-dunn
DEFEND WALDEN! CALL FOR DONATIONS
Walden Bello’s legal team welcomes support for the expenses that would be
incurred over the likely-protracted legal battle against state-sponsored
persecution.

Luzviminda Santos
Acct No: 3329 3105 27
Bank Branch: Kamias Anonas