[Allgsacstudents] UCR Science Ambassadors - Blast Email Inquiry

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Fri Jul 28 14:12:23 PDT 2023

Need for volunteers to coach middle school students in a Science Olympiad.  Please see more information below and please reach out directly to Michael with any questions
Michael Tin mtin002 at ucr.edu<mailto:mtin002 at ucr.edu>

Hello there,

My name is Michael Tin, and I am an incoming junior at UCR and part of the UCR Science Ambassadors organization. I am currently Co-President of Change in Scientific Importance for Youth (Delta SIFY), a student-run volunteer organization at UCR that promotes education and engagement by providing immersive STEM opportunities for students in underserved communities.

One of the programs that Delta SIFY is heavily involved in is Science Olympiad. Science Olympiad is a national academic competition, consisting of 46 events across middle and high school which cover a wide range of topics, including biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, and more. Delta SIFY is currently working with Riverside STEM Academy to coach middle school students for the Science Olympiad Competition.

For the upcoming school year, we are currently looking for professors, graduate students, or undergraduate students who would be interested in volunteering as a coach for middle school students. Each coach would be responsible for teaching one hour per week for a particular science or engineering based event.

We would love to share the email in the attached document through a blast email to those in the CNAS Graduate Program. As the RSA school year is approaching quickly, this would allow us to quickly get out our message to the UCR community and open up the program to any individuals who may be interested.

If this is possible, we would like to send out the email on August 1st at 9:00am. Please reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns, or if you would like any further clarification. Thank you!

[https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/vnd.google-apps.document] Delta SIFY Community Email (Science Olympiad Co...<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zpkkm0-N-0Mdvq5ZvGDYR685ioiMFY06XhpaV6rgCJY/edit?usp=drive_web>

Michael Tin (He/Him)
UCR ‘25 | Science Ambassador
Delta SIFY Co-President