[Allgsacstudents] FW: Genentech Postdoc Program: Now Hiring!

allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu allgsacstudents at lists.ucr.edu
Wed Sep 23 07:47:43 PDT 2020

We are excited to announce that Genentech’s world-class biomedical research organization is launching a new set of postdoc openings<http://bit.ly/GenentechPostdoc2020> aimed at identifying top scientific talent, independent of a specific job posting for a given Genentech scientist’s lab. Applicants are provided the freedom to select three potential Genentech postdoc mentors that they are most interested in working with in order to propel the next stage of their scientific career.

Our existing postdoc hiring process will also continue, wherein students can apply for specific openings<http://bit.ly/GenentechPostdocOpenings>, however this new approach enables students to apply for a postdoc position in any Genentech postdoc mentor’s lab<http://www.bit.ly/GenentechPostdocMentors>. Applications for this new postdoc hiring initiative are due by Monday October 19, 2020 at 6:00pm (PDT). We plan to offer this type of postdoc opportunity during a limited timeframe on an annual basis.

Please help us spread the word by forwarding this information and the attached flyer to your senior graduate students and recently minted PhDs or MD/PhDs who you think might be interested in our postdoc program, especially those from historically underrepresented groups.

Qualifications

  *   Recent or pending PhD or MD/PhD graduates in a relevant field of science.

     *   Graduate student applicants should be within 12 months of completing their degree

     *   Applicants who have completed their degree within the past 3 years are also eligible

  *   At least one first-author research publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal

  *   A demonstrated ability to think critically, work independently, and solve complex problems

  *   Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills

Requirements

Submitted CV to include:

  *   Previous research, educational and other relevant experiences

  *   Full publication list, including “ in-press” and recently submitted papers

  *   Contact information for three professional references

Cover Letter (1000 words max) to address the following:

  *   Personal statement of your background and interests (400 words)

  *   Identify three Genentech postdoc mentors<https://bit.ly/GenentechPostdocMentors> that you are interested in doing research with and why (200 words).

  *   Brief description of a potential project, set of scientific questions or experiments that you would be excited to pursue at Genentech (200 words)

  *   Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenging obstacle in science, career or life; and what you did to address it (200 words)

Please direct all questions to: postdochire-d at gene.com<mailto:postdochire-d at gene.com> (CC’d)

Kindest regards,

Ben

Benjamin Haley, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist
Molecular Biology Department
Genentech, Inc.
1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Office phone: (650) 225-5265