[Tlc] T-AAS panel call

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Tue Jun 2 14:43:37 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I was thinking of sending this call out to a few Thai Politics experts, but then I thought it might be better to cast a wide net.

Dr. Robert Snow of the AAS is eager to promote a panel or roundtable on issues in current Thai politics since it was such an important and disturbing year in Thai politics. The AAS this year is trying to connect policy-makers, NGOs workers, activists, etc. with scholars. They are trying to promote panels on contemporary North Korea and Sri Lanka (as it has obviously been big news years for those countries as well!), as well as Thailand.

If there are scholars out there that are thinking about a panel on contemporary Thai politics and the recent protests, etc., please contact me. The AAS sounds like it will be very responsive to panels on this topic.

justinm at ucr.edu