[Tlc] Asking for help

Keith Barney kbarney at yorku.ca
Fri Feb 27 07:46:02 PST 2009

Dear Sunil:

I would recommend becoming linked up to the LaoFAB google groups listserve.
"Laos Farmers and Agri-business". It is an excellent source of information and
ideas exchange on natural resources and rural development in Laos, and includes
an extensive documents repository.

See http://www.laofab.org/laofab_faqv2.pdf

Or write to the administrator, Andrew Bartlett, at <Leap at laoex.org>

Best Regards,

Keith Barney

Department of Geography,
York University
Toronto, Canada

Quoting s0804433 at mailserv.cuhk.edu.hk:

> Dear Justin and TLC'ers
>
> I am a student of Chinese University of Hong Kong. I am planning to go to Bo
> Kaeo province Laos for my field work. But, one of my friend told me I cannot
> conduct research with tourist visa and I need special permission for that. In
> this context, I want to request you all to share your  experience or most
> important stuffs that I need to know. My research title is "The Importance of
> Non Timber Forest Products  in the Economy of Rural Household of Bokeo
> Province, Lao PDR". Besides, If anyonecan share any documents, literature,
> information, about Laos, Laos culture, NTFPs in Laos, Bo Kaeo, etc. I would
> really appreciate.
>
> I am looking forward to getting your response/replies.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sunil KC
> MPhil Student
> Geography and Resource Management
> The Chinese University of Hong Kong

Keith D. Barney

Doctoral Candidate, Department of Geography
York University, Toronto, Canada

http://www.yorku.ca/geograph/GraduateProgrammes/Graduate%
20Students/PHD/barney.html