[Tlc] T-English teaching

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 13 22:19:27 PST 2009

FYI.
Thanks,
justin

Summer Volunteer Program in Thailand to Teach English

Learning Enterprises (LE) is a dynamic, student-run organization that has been providing English education to some of the most underprivileged students in our world for more than 16 years. Each summer, our student volunteers travel to a host of countries on 4 continents, teaching more than 6,000 students for 4- and 6-week summer language programs. The 2009 recruiting season has begun, and we'd like you to join the ranks of Learning Enterprises in Thailand.

As a volunteer with LE Thailand in 2009, you'll have the opportunity to teach in rural Thailand - in towns and villages in the North - for approximately six weeks. The mission of Learning Enterprises - "Teach, so that you may learn." - will inspire you not only to help students learn English, but also to facilitate mutual cultural understanding and come away with an experience that changes your life as well as those you touch.

The best part of all is that there is no program fee. The only cost to you is transportation: your round-trip airfare to and from Bangkok and a train ticket into your villages. All volunteers are placed with host families for the duration of their teaching assignment. Lessons are largely up to the volunteer teachers - although grammar and practice are important parts of teaching abroad, so are songs, holidays, parties, and time to share parts of your culture and learn about your hosts. Many teachers will be paired with another American or British volunteer for team teaching.

2009 is LE Thailand's first year! This is a great opportunity for a prospective volunteer to truly make a meaningful, tangible difference in the development of a nonprofit.

You don't need any experience to be a teacher with Learning Enterprises, and you do not need to have any prior knowledge of Thai. What we want are students who are interested, passionate, and ready to offer their talents and reap great rewards with a teaching abroad program that's like no other.

If you'd like to find out more about Learning Enterprises Thailand, please visit our website at www.learningenterprises.org. Please also send an e-mail expressing your interest to the LE Thailand Program Director, Daniel Scott Smith, at <daniel at learningenterprises.org>.

Rolling Admissions until February 23.

justinm at ucr.edu