[Tlc] TLC-website update

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 19 00:54:50 PST 2008

Dear All,

I have been updating the content of the tlc.ucr.edu website little bits at a time. I am adding new links, getting rid of old ones, updating conference announcements, etc. I will be updating the new publications lists soon, but have already provided links to several major on-line bibliographic resources. I will also be reformatting a lot of the site to make it more user friendly. All in time.

Today though I updated the dissertation lists. I listed the dissertations written in North America on Thailand, Laos, and Cambodian Studies related subjects from 2007-2008 (previously, it only listed those from 2000-2006). You can see them under the related country sections of the website under "new publications" as well as under "announcements." There were about 151 new dissertations on Thai Studies topics (many in the sciences) and about 15 new Lao Studies and 24 new Cambodian Studies.

Thanks to Annabel Vallard, I have also listed the French dissertations on Southeast Asian Studies topics from 1990-2008 under "announcements/new publications." Many of these citations also include English language abstracts. Annabel Vallard helps run (www.afrase.org).

This association was created in 1984 to provide information for French scholars in any discipline sharing South-East Asia as a field of interest. They edit a newsletter three times a year and organize usually one 'round table' every year or every two years. They are developing a listserv and have about 300 members. The site also includes SEA Studies news/events (mostly in France). I highly encourage TLC members to look at this site.

Thanks,

justinm at ucr.edu