[Tlc] T-dance

justinm at ucr.edu justinm at ucr.edu
Sun Nov 9 08:29:36 PST 2008

FYI.
Thanks,
justin

JOIN
space dance in the tube Thailand 2009
Butoh Performance Workshop
January 9th - 25th
15 Days of classes & workshops, culminating in collaborative performance
Live among the temples along the Chaophraya river at the Patravadi Theatre with a view of the Grand Palace and perform in the Baan Silp International Fringe Festival
with Butoh Master Artist, Tetsuro Fukuhara

Experience Butoh as a transformational dance
Explore techniques from buddhist meditation
Exchange ideas with other artists in an engaging cultural dialogue
Co-create a new performance that challenges ideas of space, architecture and the bodies of its inhabitants
Encounter, interact and perform with audiences of diverse cultural experiences, curiosities, and reactions and share the journey in Tube Space

      Space Dance in the Tube is a Performance, Workshop, Installation, Media Collaboration that explores the story of our human
        sensitivity and the sensuality of our existence through the interactions we have in the tubespace:
                a morphing structure of tubes, a cocoon of space fabric causing evolving human postures
                a media environment that interacts with the action in tubespace.

Co-Created by
Tetsuro Fukuhara, Butoh master artist
With
Video Media Artist, Patrick Palucki,
Director/Designer, Ruth Pongstaphone,
Butoh dancer, Thanapol Virulhakul,
& the participants of the workshop.
Produced by Dhamma Theatre West,
Hosted at The Patravadi Theatre & Suan Silp
Performance January 24 & 25 Ratchaburi Suan Silp International Performance Festival 2009

For information about Tetsuro Fukuhara, workshop fees and housing please visit:
www.dhammatheatrewest.org

or email your application request to info at dhammatheatrewest.org
Please include your name, contact info, bio and resume in your applicant request

 The workshop is hosted by and situated in two of the most beautiful and astonishing theatrical environments – The Patravadi
        Theatre and Suan Silp Ratchaburi. For more information about both locations please visit:
www.patravaditheatre.com

Please forward this email to others who have an interest in contemporary international perfomance

justinm at ucr.edu