[Tlc] FW: Only one winner in soap-opera clash

Robert Albritton ralbritt at olemiss.edu
Mon Jan 28 06:36:25 PST 2008

Just a brief clarification. Such situations have been portrayed in
American television and movies, evoking considerable protests from
flight attendants in general. The creation of stereotypes is,
obviously, insulting to the workers. My wife, who just returned from
Thailand, however, says that Thai airways was never mentioned in the
"soap" and in the clip I saw (on CNN)  the flight attendants were not
dressed in uniforms that could be mistaken for Thai Airways. I am
sympathetic to the protests of Thai flight attendants, but the
overall reaction by the news media seems to be a bit "over the top."
Gee, what if the "soap" had been written and produced by a European
or American? Is it true that  there was no identification of the
flight crews as "Thai Airways?"
RBA