[Ying-announcements] Fwd: [Ucrfacultyandstaff] Events and Gatherings on Campus

Sam Ying samying at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 14:34:36 PDT 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Communications <communications at ucr.edu>
Date: Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 2:31 PM
Subject: [Ucrfacultyandstaff] Events and Gatherings on Campus
To: ucrfacultyandstaff at scotmail.ucr.edu <ucrfacultyandstaff at scotmail.ucr.edu

Dear Campus Community,

As we approach the beginning of fall quarter and expanded in-person
operations, we are utilizing the below guiding principles to make decisions
about a broad range of topics, including events and gatherings on campus:

·         Prioritize the health and safety of all members of our campus
community.

·         Extend in-person education and meaningful student engagement to
the greatest extent possible.

·         Balance consistent decision-making at the campus level with
appropriate flexibility at the organization/department level.

·         Communicate clearly with the campus community.

·         Prepare to adapt to ever-changing conditions.

Though more than 90% of our campus population has been vaccinated, we have
seen COVID-19 infections rise across the county in the last two months. To
balance between these two contrasting facts, campus leaders have elected to
minimize the number of non-essential, in-person events, gatherings, and
meetings on campus for now. All events sponsored by a UCR affiliate whether
on or off campus must be approved by the organization head before
proceeding. Each organization head should determine the process for review
and approval.

If you are planning to host or attend events on campus, please review
the Events
and Gatherings guidelines <https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/events-gatherings>
on campusreturn.ucr.edu. Here you will find information about capacity
limits, food and beverage, visitors, and other requirements. Depending on
the event audience, another important link may be
visitorwellnesscheck.ucr.edu.

As we have all come to learn during the pandemic, conditions and public
health guidance may change. Thank you for your flexibility and for all you
are doing to support a healthy and safe return to campus this fall.

Sincerely,

Kim A. Wilcox,
Chancellor