[Ying-announcements] resources on mentorship in science

Danielle Stevenson dstev013 at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 22 16:04:16 PDT 2020

*Hi again team!Through the FFAR program we received resources on mentorship
in STEM and I wanted to share because we are all mentors and mentees and
these are really helpful. *the National Academies online toolkit which
focuses on mentorship that is supportive to students from underrepresented
and marginalized groups in STEM. Resources - National Academies Online
Toolkit for the Science of Effective Mentorship in STEMM
<https://www.nationalacademies.org/our-work/the-science-of-effective-mentoring-in-stemm>-
Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research (CIMER)
<https://cimerproject.org/>- Mentor Selection Guide: For Undergrads
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mxm6Lz1chCVPKdz8GGstUhbLYxjo74x9/view?usp=sharing>
(or grads)- Mentoring Action Plan Worksheet
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l6UdxKUsIi0OKnoJCDS6i3qg9lwjjpEYnk2Sj1vPDQk/edit?usp=sharing>-
Examples of Compacts (to review before session)- Mentee Contract from
Entering Research: Workshops for Students Beginning Research in Science
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/140ZOqg-IV0dLdYpe-9hX6aNOCAgaX-yf/view?usp=sharing>-
Drown Labs
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kcAEAckLpm-sUVDxkp9Jlq_E_S8qDgDW/view?usp=sharing>*

--