[WFA*] Women's Faculty Association Winter 2024 UPDATE (invite to March 5th event)

Jennifer S Hughes jennifer.hughes at ucr.edu
Mon Feb 19 16:10:24 PST 2024

Dear WFA* Colleagues and Allies,

We are writing with an update after a Summer/Fall hiatus.

CO-CHAIR UPDATE: Our search for new co-chairs has taken some time.  We are pleased to share that Elaine Wong and Kimberley Lakes have agreed to step in as interim co-chairs to lead us through the rest of the academic year.  Katherine and I (rotating off as co-chairs) will continue to serve on the WFA steering committee.  The focus of the WFA continues to be vigilance and advocacy around issues related to gender equity on our campus (including salary equity, equity in merit and promotion, and so on).

UPCOMING EVENTS:
OPEN MEETING Tuesday March 5th 10am-Noon.  Alumni Visitors Center. This open meeting about the status of women at UCR includes both faculty and staff and is cosponsored with CACSW (the Chancellors Advisory Committee on the Status of Women) and other campus organizations (see flyer below). The meeting will include topical breakout discussions and food/refreshments.  Please RSVP if possible (recommended not required): RSVP Sign Up<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfxZxVHRWL1NoUYOBqxS8E33s1jgHsIk2kd7trkAQmyXDhTUQ/viewform>

CAREER REVIEW WORKSHOP in March (date TBD).  Career Review is the existing option provided by our personnel process for faculty with salary equity concerns.  We also continue to advocate for a less cumbersome individual equity review process for our faculty.

Sincerely,
Your WFA Steering Committee
*The WFA strives to be an inclusive organization reflecting the interests of women and other minoritized genders on our campus.

[cid:543cc084-6148-4636-a250-b100ebd8e09d]

Jennifer Scheper Hughes
Professor
Department of History
University of California, Riverside