[WFA*] WFA* Peer Mentoring Group Sign-up/Application

Jennifer Hughes jennifer.hughes at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 16 11:58:56 PST 2023

Dear WFA* Constituents and Allies,

The WFA* invites individual and group applications for a pilot program of faculty peer mentoring groups. We have received funding from UCR's DEI office for up to 6 groups ($250 per group- funds to be spent by Oct 1, 2023).

More information and sign-up form is here: https://forms.gle/YNqcGYDgh9mFHNg47

Groups will be composed of approximately 8-10 faculty members that meet about once monthly:  two groups each for assistant, associate, and full professors. The program focus is merit and promotion, but the agenda for the meetings is to be determined by the group itself which may identify other priorities.

Each group will select a faculty coordinator and a faculty mentor. The funds will be transferred to the faculty coordinator for hospitality (or another approved use).  The role of the faculty coordinator is a group member charged to convene the group. The faculty mentor will be a more senior faculty member who can attend meetings or answer questions as needed by the group.  A 1 hr organizational meeting for faculty coordinators and mentors will be held once groups are convened.

You may apply/sign up individually or as a pre-organized group.

Notification regarding our Winter meeting will be sent separately.

Sincerely,
The WFA* Steering Committee
*The WFA strives to be an inclusive organization reflecting the gender diversity of our campus.