[WFA*] Nominations for new co-chairs for the WFA

Jennifer S Hughes jennifer.hughes at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 14 12:34:14 PDT 2023

Dear WFA Constituents and Allies,

After several years of combined service as co-chairs, Jennifer Hughes and Katherine Meltzoff (née Katherine Stavropoulos) are rotating off.  As previously discussed, the WFA is moving toward more democratic processes.  We are now soliciting nominations and self-nominations for two new co-chairs:

https://forms.gle/LmwciLH4EjYRNaWy8

 After we gather names, we will put these to an anonymous ballot.

The role of the WFA co-chairs is to work with the Steering Committee to set priorities and follow through with them.  The WFA advocates for women faculty (and other gender minorities) as a campus group, convenes quarterly meetings, and receives and communicates concerns to administration and senate.  The co-chairs are not compensated.  We ask for a minimum of a one year commitment, but it is healthier for the organization if leadership stays in place for two or more years.

The outgoing co-chairs will continue to serve a supportive role on the Steering Committee.

Jennifer Scheper Hughes
Professor
Department of History
University of California, Riverside