[Ucrea] Give Day is Here and Starts at Noon! Support Graduate Students through the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award

Cristina L Otegui cristina.otegui at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 3 11:56:31 PDT 2024

[cid:image001.png at 01DA85BD.F1DA9C40]

April 3, 2024
To:
UCR Emeriti

From:
UCR Emeriti Association Leadership Team

Re:
Give Day is Here and Starts at Noon! Support Graduate Students through the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award

Dear UCR Emeriti,

On this special day of giving, we kindly ask that you join us in giving to the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award to continue our goal of supporting graduate students in their academic travel. Together we can continue to make a difference in helping UCR graduate students pursue their scholarly work without the limitation of travel.

Purpose of Giving
The UCR Emeriti Association's Graduate Student Travel Award has grown from giving one award per year in 2021-2022 to three in 2023-2024. The Travel Awards help students who have advanced to candidacy meet the expense of traveling to national or international meetings or to access resources available at other institutions, collections, or field sites. Past award winners and a few words about their projects are listed on the UCREA Giving webpage linked below. Helping these students take these steps in completing their educations and launching their careers has been one of the most rewarding projects that UCR's Emeriti Association has taken on in the past few years.

UCREA Give Day Goal
This year we increased the number of awards to three awards per year. In light of this increase, we need to raise $5,000-6,000 in new funding every year.

Matching Challenge

*         Anonymous donors have offered to match all gifts dollar for dollar up to $1,500 during Give Day. That means your gift of $100 can automatically be turned into $200.

*         But wait, there's more! Gifts of $100 or more will be matched by an extra 1 to 1 until $1,000 is exhausted.

UCR Emeriti Association Give Day Webpage
All gifts, great or small, are welcome and we kindly ask you to visit the webpage during UCR's Give Day which officially starts today, April 3, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. until Thursday, April 4, 2024 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time to give a gift at:
https://giveday.ucr.edu/o/university-of-california-riverside/i/fy24-ucr-give-day/s/supporting-graduate-students-with-the-ucr-emeriti-association-graduate-student-travel-award-nsk0srqh4

Thank you for joining us in this very important cause!

Sincerely,

Darleen DeMason, Co-President
Raymond Russell, Co-President
retirees at ucr.edu<mailto:retirees at ucr.edu>