[Ucrea] May Giving Month is Here! Support the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award

Cristina L Otegui cristina.otegui at ucr.edu
Mon May 2 17:47:33 PDT 2022

[cid:image002.png at 01D85E4C.B31E9140]

May 2, 2022
To:
UCR Emeriti

From:
UCR Emeriti Association Leadership Team

Re:
May Giving Month is Here! Support the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award

Dear UCR Emeriti,

The UCREA leadership team is happy to share that the UCR Emeriti Association May Giving Month webpage is now available to receive generous gifts in supporting the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award.

Purpose of Giving
Travel for a graduate student plays a very important role in their educational success. Whether it is traveling to a national or international professional society conference, symposium or workshop to present and defend research or to access resources available at another location. The UCREA is committed to supporting UCR graduate student travel and invites you to join in on this worthy cause.

UCREA May Giving Month Goal
Establish an endowment that will provide permanent funding for the UCREA Graduate Student Travel Award. At UCR, $25,000 is required to establish an endowment. Coupled with the generous pledges from UCR emeriti, we now seek your financial support to help raise $12,500 during May Giving Month.

Matching Challenge

*        Anonymous donors have offered to match all gifts dollar for dollar up to $8,500. That means your gift of $100 can automatically be turned into $200. But wait, there's more!

*        Gifts of $100 or more will be matched by an extra 1 to 1 until $2,500 is exhausted.

UCR Emeriti Association May Giving Month Webpage
All gifts are welcome and we kindly ask you to visit the webpage which will be available throughout the month of May to give a gift at:
https://crowdfunding.ucr.edu/o/university-of-california-riverside/i/ucrcrowdfunding/s/ucr-emeriti-association-graduate-student-travel-award-endowment-fund-58ixjxizs

We thank you for your valued contributions to UCR!

Sincerely,

Darleen DeMason, Co-President
Raymond Russell, Co-President
retirees at ucr.edu<mailto:retirees at ucr.edu>