[Ucrea] Call for Emeriti Volunteers to Assist in Pre-Reading of Grant Applications

Cristina L Otegui cristina.otegui at ucr.edu
Thu Jun 16 15:30:16 PDT 2022

[cid:image001.png at 01D88195.F9EDEFA0]

June 16, 2022
To:
UCR Emeriti

From:
UCR Emeriti Association Leadership

Re:
Call for Emeriti Volunteers to Assist in Pre-Reading of Grant Applications

Dear UCR Emeriti,

Provost Elizabeth Watkins has asked the Emeriti Association to encourage UCR emeriti to become more involved in mentoring active faculty in the process of applying for research grants.

After consulting with Associate Vice Chancellor Charles Greer, we have determined that an effective way to promote such mentoring will be for emeriti volunteers to take part in the pre-reading of grant applications.

Associate Vice Chancellor Greer has invited the Emeriti Association to identify emeriti volunteers who are willing to assist in the pre-reading of grant applications, and to ask those volunteers to identify the specific research areas in which they are ready to read applications.

If you are willing to assist in this effort, please notify the Retirement Center Director, Cristina Otegui, via email at cristina.otegui at ucr.edu by June 30, 2022. Be sure to specify the research areas in which you are willing to help.

If you have already become involved in mentoring active faculty in the grant application process in any way, we would love to hear about those relationships. Please send us a few details.

Best wishes,

Darleen DeMason
Raymond Russell
UCR Emeriti Association Co-Presidents