[UCRDBR] UCPath – ACA Reminder - By Agreement Hours Deadlines

Departmental Benefits Representatives ucrdbr at lists.ucr.edu
Tue Oct 4 10:12:13 PDT 2022

[cid:image001.png at 01D8D7D9.C6D1E870]

October 4, 2022

To:
Department Benefits Representatives (DBRs)
From:
HR Benefits Office on behalf of UC Office of the President
Re:
UCPath – ACA Reminder - By Agreement Hours Deadlines

The University of California (UC) is responsible for complying with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) standards for benefits eligibility for all UC locations. Since the ACA requires that UC offer medical insurance to any employee with an average of 30 weekly hours of service, UC must record and maintain hours worked for all employees in eligible employee classifications within UCPath. This includes the following:

  *   Employees who do not have FTE on Job Data
  *   Employees whose hours are not submitted through routine time and attendance files
  *   Employees not paid by earn codes that automatically add to the ACA accumulators (e.g., By Agreement Appointments (BYA)).

Please remember to submit the I-181 Time Entry Inbound File Form with By Agreement Hours (BYH).  These hours will be used to ensure UCPath is compliant with the Employer Shared Responsibility requirements of the Affordable Care Act as well as count towards both the Initial Measurement Period (IMP) and the Standard Measurement Period (SMP) reports to ensure benefit-eligible employees maintain their eligibility.
The Standard Measurement Period deadline requires all By Agreement Hours be submitted no later than the following dates:

  *   For monthly-paid employees: October 20, 2022
  *   For biweekly-paid employees:

     *   LBNL - November 14, 2022
     *   All other locations - November 15, 2022

The Job Aid: I-181 Form Submission for Reporting Hours for By Agreement Appointments<https://sp.ucop.edu/sites/ucpathhelp/LocationUsers/LOCjobaids/UCPC_PHCMABML201JA_BYH_I181_ACA_D2Rev00.pdf> includes information on how to access the I-181 Time Entry Inbound File, the earn codes that require BYH hours be submitted, information about the template, form instructions, and file template guidelines.

Note: Please do not submit negative By Agreement Hours through the I-181 as it causes an error in the calculation of the Average Weekly Hours

If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the UCPath Center at (855) 982-7284, Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. or email ucpath.universityofcalifornia.edu<https://pathmail.ucop.edu/e/946353/2022-09-07/b2lxn/342740674?h=s2tbMac_2Bngg0IbcvQzMuQ6oY37Qce81guYEN3ZcvM>.