[Ucrcompteachers] English 1C, Hamlet, and historical reenactment

Deena Mauldin mauldind at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 22 22:16:23 PDT 2006

Dear colleagues,

I've been working all quarter to arrange a surprise for my students, and
this Friday, it will finally happen.  My students, having read only the
first act of Hamlet, will be treated to dueling swordsmen in sixteenth
century clothing, who will then answer questions about their rapiers and
daggers, their clothing, and sixteenth century life.  This comes from the
fact that my husband and I are members of the Queen's Court at the
Renaissance Pleasure Faire.

I haven't emailed you merely to gloat, however, but to offer to share this
experience with others who are teaching Hamlet this quarter.  My classes
are at 7:10 AM, 9:10 AM, and 11:10 AM.  If you would care to join us for
one of these sessions, please email me off list for details about where we
will be.

I would appreciate it greatly if you would not mention this to your classes
as anything more than a "surprise" or an "outing" before Friday.  I don't
want to spoil the surprise for my students after working so hard to set
this up.

Deena Mauldin