[Ucrcompteachers] Call for Volunteers

John Briggs jcbriggs at ucr.edu
Fri Sep 30 15:58:38 PDT 2005

TO:  All Composition Instructors

      Each year the UC Systemwide committee for the annual diagnostic
examination sends me experimental test prompts for administration on our
campus.  I am looking for volunteers who teach in EW 4, English 5, or
English 1A on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and who would be interested in
administering these tests to assist our systemwide effort.  Instructors can
use the results to help them assess the proficiency of their own
students.  We only ask that you maintain control over the prompts and the
students' essays (in other words, that you not give them to students to
take home).

      If you volunteer, please see Laurie Petty in the WRC for your exam
packet.  Laurie will also help you make copies of the students' essays (on
my account number, or the department's) for your own use.  Laurie must have
your student samples turned in to her by the end of Wednesday, October 12.

Thanks,

John Briggs
ELWR Director