[Ucr-sdrc] HHJD GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS: Health Humanities and Disability Justice

Sdrc SDRC at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 16 15:27:51 PDT 2023

Dear Members of the Health Humanities and Disability Justice Community,

Given the tremendous response from UCR graduate students and medical students who would like to participate in the work of this initiative, we have decided to use some of our grant funds to offer as many small, event or project-based HHDJ Fellowships for graduate and medical students as possible.

We are sending this first to our current email list–and encourage all graduate and medical students to apply! Also, please feel free to circulate this to your own networks. HHDJ Fellows will receive $250 per approved application. Ways to participate include but are not limited to:

  *   Give a talk to publicize your own completed work
  *   Create a blog or vlog for our website on your research topic
  *   Host a reading group one or more works of serious interest to you (here consider materials that are freely available online or through UCR)
  *   Organize a “work in process” event centering your own work
  *   Participate in the organization of a grad symposium, workshop, or conference
  *   Join us in developing our disability resource page (or let us know of your own!)
  *   Request support in field research in local archives or local communities

To apply: For UCR graduate students and  medical students interested in applying for a fellowship, click here to submit an application.<https://forms.gle/Ad2bntgstbZEiFEB6>  There is no deadline for this, rather rolling applications through the three years of our grant. But since funds are not unlimited, the sooner the better.

If you have questions, feel free to email all or any one of us: Fuson Wang (fuson.wang at ucr.edu<mailto:fuson.wang at ucr.edu>), Carla Mazzio (carlam at ucr.edu<mailto:carlam at ucr.edu>) and Matthew King (mking at ucr.edu<mailto:mking at ucr.edu>).

We'll be moving (and developing) our project content to a new HHDJ LAB website<https://hhdj.ucr.edu/> very soon (now very much under construction!), but for now, for upcoming events and other information,  please click here for the Health Humanities and Disability Justice (HHDJ) Initiative information page.<https://docs.google.com/document/d/177OwB0dj9xiv6pO6dwzaOUm2LI-oEVer/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=107509772935754601643&rtpof=true&sd=true>

Our very best,
Carla Mazzio, Fuson Wang, and Matthew King
Co-Directors, UCR's Health Humanities and Disability Justice Initiative

"We at UCR would like to respectfully acknowledge and recognize our
responsibility to the original and current caretakers of this land, water,
and air: the Cahuilla, Tongva, Luiseño, and Serrano peoples and all of
their ancestors and descendants, past, present, and future. Today this
meeting place is home to many Indigenous peoples from all over the world,
including UCR faculty, students, and staff, and we are grateful to have the
opportunity to live and work on these homelands."