[Ucr-sdrc] April Programming at SDRC

Glyn A Wild glyn.wild at ucr.edu
Thu Mar 24 16:46:41 PDT 2022

Hi Students,

Please check out the all the SDRC Programming we are offering in April. We hope you will be able to participate!

Date
Event
Thursday, March 31, 2022
Navigating R'Abillity and Sending out Quarterly Letters to Faculty
Description: Need a refresher on Orientation to Services? Come join us as we review how to send out letters of accommodations to faculty, schedule tests, and/or ask questions as it relates to accessing approved accommodations.
Facilitators: Delmis Sosa, Kyle McNair-Robinson, and Jenny Biggers
Times: 10am-11am (via zoom); 12pm-1pm (in person); 4pm-5pm (via zoom)
RSVP for Navigating R'Ability Session<https://forms.gle/M2JJN3qasbv4XTji7>.
Monday, April 4, 2022
Self-Advocacy in the College Setting
Description: Improve your self-advocacy skills as it relates to requesting clarification about material, communicating disability related information, or addressing concerns. Additionally, this workshop will help you understand your rights and responsibilities as it relates to accessing SDRC resources during the Spring 2022 quarter.
Facilitators: Jenny Biggers and Glyn Wild
Time: 4pm- 5pm
RSVP for Self-Advocacy in the College Setting<https://forms.gle/fjNFht5RpWBFxTwL8>.
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Time Management and Tech Tools (Mini Session)
Description: Do you need support with time management, but can't commit to the workshop series? Join us as we we'll provide an overview of the facets of time management and tech tools that may help with monitoring your time and organization.
Facilitators: Jenny Biggers and Will Pines
Time: 3pm- 4pm
RSVP for Time Management and Tech Tools<https://forms.gle/jLbnuCTb1BoqDSxc7>
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Neurodiversity Social Mixers
Facilitators: Felicitas Nungaray
Time: 4pm-5pm
RSVP for Neurodiversity Social Mixer<https://forms.gle/jLbnuCTb1BoqDSxc7>
Thursday, April 7, 2022
Time Management Workshop Series
If time management is an area for improvement for you or you have a planner/organizer that's waiting to be used, then, this is a workshop you may want to attend.  The goal of the Time Management Workshop Series 1.0 Series is to assist students [registered with SDRC] in evaluating the necessary work and personal time management skills needed while being a student at UCR and to develop an organizational system that documents/tracks their daily routines/habits.
 TIME MANAGEMENT 1.0
Sessions will consist of  3 one-hour sessions via ZOOM on the following dates:
Session 1:  Thursday, April 7th at 4pm- 5pm
Session 2:  Thursday, April 14th at 4pm- 5pm
Session 3: Thursday, April 21st at 4pm- 5pm
RSVP for the Time Management Workshop Series<https://forms.gle/Xw1bQ7vxSfC35RwK9>
Below are the goals for each session in the Time Management 1.0 Workshop Series:
Session 1:

  *   Students will understand and use a time management assessment as a mechanism for assessing personal time.
  *   Students will develop an organizational goal they want to achieve during the quarter.
  *   Students will identify organizational system that works best for their learning style and needs.

 Session 2:

  *   Student will identify areas (1-2) of improved performance given use of organizational system.
  *   Student will identify a facet where time is not being used efficiently.
  *   Student will adjust their calendars to include "flextime."

 Session 3:

  *   Students will review progress toward big goal.
  *   Students will break down big projects into shorter benchmarks and update planner accordingly.
ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP
(For students who have already participated in Time Management 1.0 Workshop Series)
If you are in need of a refresher of time management best practices, you are invited to participate in a Time Management Accountability Group starting  Tuesday, April 5th at 4pm. These sessions will be conducted via Zoom and facilitated by Jenny Biggers.
RSVP to the Accountability Group<https://forms.gle/7gxsrBzojF1DxS4b9>.
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Disability Management and Taking Tests Workshop
Description: Are you getting ready for midterms and need help preparing for exams? Join us in this session where we'll talk about disability management and tips on how to best prepare for exams.
Facilitators: Jenny Biggers and Felicitas Nungaray
Time: 3pm- 4pm
RSVP to Disability Management and Taking Tests<https://forms.gle/LhYi75diyca3PyZBA>.

[cid:image027.png at 01D64327.5FE4E430]
Schedule an Appointments (951) 827-3861 or  Click here. <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScKshG6ezYwYaVC1afRn6je4xNESMg4BVn70TfTTeuThBD5Og/viewform>