[Ucr-sdrc] Chancellor's Advisory Committee on Disability Inclusion (CACDI)

Sdrc SDRC at ucr.edu
Fri Dec 10 13:19:38 PST 2021

Dear SDRC Student,

I hope your final exams have gone well and that you are ready for the Winter Break!

I am writing this email with some exciting news regarding a new campus committee that has been developed, the Chancellor's Advisory Committee on Disability Inclusion (CACDI). SDRC has been requested to nominate one undergraduate student and one graduate student to serve on the committee.

The Chancellor's Advisory Committee on Disability Inclusion (CACDI) will be convened by Vice Chancellor Mariam Lam in the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

The principal purpose of CACDI is to examine issues and improve conditions with regard to disability infrastructure, policies, and climate affecting our UCR community:
*          To monitor existing policies, procedures, programs, physical spaces, and digital spaces for accessibility and disability inclusion
*          To disseminate information on faculty research and best practices to share across campus and community
*          To measure progress toward goals of not only accessibility, but a culture of inclusion and belonging
*          To identify model  programs  or  activities  and  support system-wide  implementation
*          To recommend changes that will continue to improve access to campus programs, activities, scholarship, and opportunities
*          To liaise with system-wide accessibility and disability inclusion committees.

Membership will include representatives from:
*          Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Office
*          Student Disability Resource Center
*          Human Resources
*          Staff and Faculty Disability Network
*          Counseling and Psychological Services
*          Compliance Office
*          Academic Senate
*          Staff Assembly representative
*          Information Technology Solutions representative
*          University Communications representative
*          Facilities representative
*          Events Management and Protocol representative
*          Graduate Student representative
*          Undergraduate Student representative

This standing committee will plan for regular meetings (possibly bi-monthly, to be determined by full membership), beginning in January 2022.

Please contact me at LAURAR at UCR.EDU<mailto:LAURAR at UCR.EDU> by Wednesday, December 15, 2021, if you are interested in being nominated. Please provide me your full name, UCR email address, and phone number you can be reached.  I ask that you be in good academic standing as this is a limit, but important time commitment. If you have any questions about this opportunity, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Laura Riley, M.S.Ed. (pronouns: she/her/hers)
Director
Student Disability Resource Center
University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
1228 Student Services Building
Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: (951) 827-3861  | Email: laurar at ucr.edu<mailto:laurar at ucr.edu>
sdrc.ucr.edu <https://sdrc.ucr.edu/C:/Users/laurar/OneDrive%20-%20University%20of%20California,%20Riverside/Documents/20190523> | @UCSDRC Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UCRSDRC/> Twitter<https://twitter.com/UCRSDRC> Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/UCRSDRC>
"SDRC is committed to an accessible, equitable, and inclusive experience for students with disabilities through advocacy, empowerment, and collaboration with the UCR Community to reduce barriers for all students."
"[cid:image027.png at 01D64327.5FE4E430]
[lets-do-r-part_email-signature_650x150]