[Ucr-sdrc] Gubernatorial Recall Election on 9/14/2021

Laura Riley laurar at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 24 09:33:17 PDT 2021

Dear SDRC Student,

On Tuesday, September 14th, the state of California will be holding a Gubernatorial Recall Election to decide whether Governor Gavin Newsom should be removed from office or if he should continue to serve as Governor until the next election in 2022. As we do with every election, we want our UCR students to make their voices heard and take part in this critical civic responsibility.

You are encouraged to register to vote if you are eligible and are not yet registered. If you need to make changes/edit your registration, you can also re-register to make said changes. We want all UCR students to use this specific link: https://registertovote.ca.gov/?t=s<https://sos.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ce4da7ab040321eb9e33b3a85&id=f855e4130b&e=dc64d8062b>

Using this specific link will help us track how many UCR students register to vote.

The last day to register to vote online is Monday, August 30th. After that, any interested person who wants to register will have to go to their local County Registrar of Voters office to register in person.

I also want to forward you information from the Riverside County Registrar of Voters office regarding temporary employment opportunities for anyone that is interested:

The Riverside County Registrar of Voters is recruiting for approximately 900 temporary positions to assist with the 9/14/2021 Governor Recall Election, please see the attached information. Interested candidates can apply online at Temporary Elections Assistant - 2021 Election $20/hr | Job Details tab | Career Pages (governmentjobs.com)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.governmentjobs.com/careers/riverside/jobs/3134715/temporary-elections-assistant-2021-election-20-hr?page=13&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs__;!!JTyGX330HN5x6Ko!Xp0Z3WXXe9c-wA1Ir87U8U1hmNS1RqDimmxuRKA3Xi62XTHBtJRS2Iykt6EdC_i0$> or contact TAP at altorres at rivco.org<mailto:altorres at rivco.org> or (951) 955-3500.  Please feel free to share this information with anyone that is interested in a temporary position with the Riverside County Registrar of Voters

For questions regarding the temporary positions with the county, please reach out to them directly at the email listed above.

Please register! This is a critical election that requires students to make their voices heard!

Gerry Medina
Coordinator, Leadership and Service Programs
Student Life, HUB 229
University of California, Riverside
P: 951.827.5987
E: gerardo.medina at ucr.edu<mailto:gerardo.medina at ucr.edu>