[Uc_mediatechs] I Need Input on Projector Selection

Michael Capriotti mcap at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 7 08:03:11 PST 2006

Hello All,
     This list has been very quiet, but there are still 12 active members.

     I have narrowed our search for projectors to a few models.  We are
looking for to equip some small and some larger classrooms.  These will all
be ceiling mounted/fixed installations.  If anyone has experience with any
of the following projectors, could you give me a general thumbs-up or
thumbs-down and any specific quirks or attributes that you may have found.

     Also, if you a have had a particularly positive experience with a
projector not listed, additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Small/Med Rooms

Sanyo  PLC-XP55  (4500 lm)   XGA    LCD
Sharp  XG-C68X    (3600 lm)   XGA    LCD
Sharp  XG-PH50X  (4000 lm)   XGA    DLP
NEC    MT1075      (4200 lm)   XGA    LCD

Med/Large Rooms

Sanyo        PLC-EF31N   (5800 lm)  SXGA     LCD
Panasonic  PT-D5500U   (5000 lm)   XGA       DLP
Panasonic  PT-7700U     (7000 lm)   SXGA+   DLP
NEC           GT6000        (5300 lm)   SXGA+   LCD

thanks
Michael Capriotti
UC Riverside