[Ubpeers] UB Weekly Bulletin 5/23-5/27

Daysia Esperanza Rodriguez daysia.rodriguez at ucr.edu
Mon May 23 16:50:03 PDT 2022

*|MC_PREVIEW_TEXT|*
[https://mcusercontent.com/0d0244cb97426858e89e8fe0f/images/abd51bc5-b826-4ad9-b52f-11cd4b676644.png]
Weekly Bulletin
5/23/22-5/27/22
[Instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/ucrupwardbound/>
[Snapchat]<https://www.snapchat.com/add/ucrupwardbound>
[Website]<https://trioprecollege.ucr.edu/>
In This Issue
1. Study Hall Update
2. Upward Bound Summer Program
3. Upward Bound Summer Program Parent Orientation
4. May Birthdays
5. May Checklist
6.  Senior Section
7. Upward Bound Resource Site
Study Hall Update
Students, we are no longer hosting study hall since we are so close to the end of the year, but we still encourage you to seek help on campus or set up a one-on-one with a mentor. Please keep up with your assignments and grades. Finish your academic year strong, you got this!
Click Here to Book a One-on-One Tutoring Session<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/OneonOneSessions@o365ucr.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/>
Upward Bound Summer Program
________________________________
Students if you haven't signed up for the summer program yet, there is still time before the summer orientation. Please click on the link below to RSVP today.
[https://mcusercontent.com/0d0244cb97426858e89e8fe0f/images/9dc0a913-a4a7-5d85-c4f7-04abfba49471.png]
Click Here to RSVP to the Summer Program<https://forms.gle/9uZoYHhN47hoxMZF8>
Upward Bound Summer program Parent Orientation
________________________________
Students if you plan on attending the summer program please RSVP for the summer orientation with the link below.
[https://mcusercontent.com/0d0244cb97426858e89e8fe0f/images/1b642701-9b47-4fa0-7742-d48e1b268e93.png]
Click Here to RSVP for the Summer Program <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7aGNDLc_xxFNt8IXHENZSPxGqcNHcKzz1jhMz_d1vjF9WOg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
May Birthdays
________________________________
[https://mcusercontent.com/0d0244cb97426858e89e8fe0f/images/31046bf0-0423-fd99-9edf-e592af22233f.png] <https://sites.google.com/view/ucrupwardboundstudyhall>
Senior Section
________________________________
May Checklist

Seniors, take a look at the list below to help you stay on top of your monthly tasks. Reach out to the UB Staff if you have any questions and keep us updated on your college acceptances so that we can walk you through the next steps!

Check Your Email and College Portals At Least Once a Week

  *   Make sure you don’t miss deadlines, admissions information, or other important correspondence.

Review Your Financial Aid Packages From Colleges

  *    Some schools will release financial aid award letters this month. Discuss them with your parents, school counselor, and UB staff.

Plan a Visit or Virtual Tour

  *   If you are still on the fence about which school you should attend, consider making another round of college visits. Some colleges are now giving in-person tours to incoming students. There are also virtual tours you can take online.

Continue Applying for Scholarships

  *   Check in with your school counselor for local scholarships and check out the ones in our scholarship section.

Study for AP Tests and Stay on top of Classwork

  *   AP Exams are right around the corner! Remember: colleges will request your final transcripts so don't slack off on any of your classes.

UB Resource Site
________________________________
[https://mcusercontent.com/0d0244cb97426858e89e8fe0f/images/c7eee945-3dce-4ae0-aaa1-45c65103b691.png] <https://sites.google.com/view/ucrupwardboundstudyhall>
Webgrants 4 Students
[https://mcusercontent.com/0d0244cb97426858e89e8fe0f/images/f3450672-007f-a146-d9ad-2969bf5b73db.png]
Click Here to Create Your WebGrants 4 Students (WG4S) Account<https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/>
Scholarships
[https://mcusercontent.com/0d0244cb97426858e89e8fe0f/images/fd5ba504-130f-81ce-a590-ee767fa12b7e.png]
When looking for scholarships, you can use scholarship search engines such as:
Chegg.com<http://chegg.com>
Cappex.com<http://cappex.com>
Fastweb.com<http://fastweb.com>
Scholarshipamerica.com<http://scholarshipamerica.com>