[Ubpeers] Volunteer Opportunity

Rudy Curiel rodolfo.curiel at ucr.edu
Mon Aug 23 17:51:11 PDT 2021

Dear Students:

I hope this email finds you well.  For those of you who are required to do community service hours or are looking for a way to be involved, I was recently approached by a representative from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in Riverside.  They have a program called "Student of the Year" that allows students to learn some valuable skills, while building up an impressive resume for college.  There are also scholarships involved.

Though this program is not affiliated with Upward Bound, we try to inform our students of opportunities as they arise.  Just keep in mind that there is a time commitment involved (7 weeks) if you choose to participate.

If you're interested or have any questions, please let me know.  In the meantime, please check out the following link and attachments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZc3fGyjCIg

Rudy

RUDY I. CURIEL
Assistant Director
Office of TRIO - Upward Bound OASIS
University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
2210A Student Services Bldg.
Riverside, CA 92521
Phone 1: (951) 255-1523  | Phone 2: (951) 827-7983 | Email: rodolfo.curiel at ucr.edu<mailto:rodolfo.curiel at ucr.edu>
Web | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Twitter
 [cid:image004.png at 01D64948.B4783CA0]
[trio_logos-plain_trio_logo_red]
Please note: The UCR campus is closed from 03/16 - 09/15/2020 to prevent the spread of COVID-19. All non-essential staff will be working, remotely during this time.