new group meeting schedule

Timothy Su timothys at ucr.edu
Thu May 20 15:58:51 PDT 2021

Hi All,
I've updated the group meeting calendar to extend through summer. Some of the dates have been changed to reflect finals week, so please check carefully for when you will be presenting. It includes a schedule for summer "deep dive" talks as well as chalk talks.  You can find more info about these talk formats in the Lab Handbook on the Google Drive (I've recently updated it). Starting on June 16, we will be meeting in person in the Kohler Room (Chem Sci 231A) on Wednesday evenings from 5-7pm. Please let me know if there will be any conflicts.

Note that the R* designates chalk talks on your research, and the DD designates deep dives. Chalk talks should be like normal research presentation time lengths, only you draw it on the board instead of show slides.

For first years, use the deep dive as an opportunity to learn more about a topic for your 2nd year talk and outside research proposal. For second years, I would use this opportunity to learn more about your thesis topic and present an extended literature survey or background the most related existing work in your field. If you are unsure what that is, you should talk to me about it during monday meeting.

http://teamsu.org/meetings <http://teamsu.org/meetings>

Best wishes,
Tim

––