Updated Group Meeting Schedule for Fall 2020 + SYRE Practice Talks

Timothy Su timothys at ucr.edu
Thu Sep 10 12:47:50 PDT 2020

Hi All,
We will continue group meetings over Zoom for the Fall 2020 quarter. I have updated the schedule on the group website. Please let me know ASAP if there are any scheduling conflicts.

Undergrads will be giving two literature talks (note the dates).

First year grads will be presenting one lit talk and one research talk in the fall.

Second year grads will give one lit and one research talk, in addition to two practice talks for their SYREs, as indicated in bold on the group website.

The whole lab should plan on attending the SYRE practice talks so that you can give feedback and comments to the 2nd years. If you are giving a practice talk, you need to print out your slides (2 slides per page) and distribute them to your fellow grad students in lab before your talk. This way, they can write comments for you for your slides and offer suggestions on slide organization.

Best wishes,
Tim

––
Timothy A. Su