Notebook transfers - complete by Monday at noon

Timothy Su timothys at ucr.edu
Thu Aug 27 16:59:01 PDT 2020

Hi All,
After long efforts, I have finally infiltrated the UCR student network with my own account. What this means is that we will be changing our lab notebook policy. Previously, you all created your notebooks, and shared edit access with me. However, this will present a challenge once you leave UCR and your email address expires.

Instead, I have created lab notebooks for each of you using my UCR student account. I have provided each person with edit access to their own notebook, and view access for other members of the lab. Now, when students graduate from our lab, the notebooks can remain under my account. I will need all your help to transfer notebooks from your existing ones to the new ones that I've made.

Steps:
1) Access your new, empty notebooks by going to onedrive.com <http://onedrive.com/>, signing in to your UCR account, and going to the "Shared" folder.
2) Open your specific Shared notebook in your OneNote Desktop App.
3) Copy and paste all sections from your old notebook into your new one. You can do this by right-clicking or ctrl+clicking on the section you want to copy (see attached screenshot). Then, select your new notebook from the menu. Do this for all lab-relevant sections.
4) Send me an email saying that you've completed the transfer.
5) ONLY use your new notebook for lab work going forward.

Please transfer your notebook contents by this Monday (Aug 31) at Noon.

I would also like to take this time to remind you that if you would like to use a physical lab notebook for your experiments to supplement your OneNote electronic books, please use the RocketBooks that we have in lab. Matt can show you how to use them and upload notebook pages to your OneNote book.

Best wishes,
Tim
––
Timothy A. Su