[Teacheredstudents] FTOC's Anti-Racist Pedagogy Workshop

Ashley Gallo agall018 at ucr.edu
Thu Nov 12 13:04:40 PST 2020

Hello GSOE TEP Students!
I would like to share with you a great event that the student organization
at UCR known as Future Teachers of Color (FTOC) Committed to Racial Justice
will be hosting this Friday. This event's intended audience is K-12
Educators who are interested in learning how to incorporate anti-racist
pedagogy in STEM classrooms. Attached is a description and flyer of the
event. There is also a chance for attendees to win a Starbucks e-card. We
encourage you to attend!

*Event Name: *
Education for Liberation ft. @DiversifyOurNarrative

On Friday, (11/13), Future Teachers of Color (FTOC) will be having a guest
speaker from Diversify Our Narrative (@DiversifyOurNarrative) join our
meeting from 3- 4 pm to speak to the different ways that STEM teachers can
incorporate anti-racist teaching into their K-12 classrooms. Please join us
in welcoming Julia Wang to speak to UCR and enter the chance to win one of
2 Starbucks e-cards. We hope to see you there!

*Below is the Zoom link for the meeting and a flyer if you're interested
about learning more about our speaker. *

Zoom Link:
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/92169794742?pwd=Q2JBTmIvZmFPRkg0KzZod3hYWEcrQT09

Meeting ID: 921 6979 4742
Passcode: 997190"

We hope to see you there!

- FTOC

 Education for Liberation.jpg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQZJUuh7cQO8Z-ZCXYj7H1TZvcv4BWE4/view?usp=drive_web>

 Yale Guest Speaker.jpg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_BbH8gBNLAIOKpDRr8znnco_UPQaLgpR/view?usp=drive_web>

Ashley Gallo (She/Her/Hers)
Student Representative Committee- Chair
Masters Ed & Single Subject Credential Candidate
Graduate School of Education UCR